Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just another one of the toys

Do you remember that one friend when you were a kid that had all of the cool toys?  You know the kind...while you were getting by with a C3PO and Luke Skywalker figure, your friend had the official carrying case with every Star-Wars figure ever made along with the toy fighters that they fit inside.

My buddy Ron is that kid.  I get by just fine with my old 911, but I sure have a good time when I visit his toy-box.  He has all the cool pieces; GT3 RS, '73 Carrera RS, and the Boba Fett of early Porsches - a 924 Carrera GTS.

Anyway, last fall Ron called and suggested that I come up and see his new 917.  Whhhhaaaa???  Ok, so its not a REAL 917, but its pretty cool nonetheless!  Built on a tube chassis, this is about as close to a real 917 you will ever get without forking over a couple million bucks.  Aside from the 400+hp 3.6 liter flat-six engine, you could easily be fooled into thinking it is the real thing.

A snapped a couple pictures of it in the workshop.  Photo quality is only so-so, but its hard to do anything too interesting in an shop.  My goal this year is to get Ron to hang plates on it and see it cruising around town!


No comments:

Post a Comment